Single Pics to be imported

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

HencoM

Single Pics to be imported

PostFri Jan 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi Please help, I am struggling to import pics or slide without it turned into a filmstrip, I cant rename 30 to 70 slides every time I have a project, PLEASE HELP! :oops:

Jim Simon

Re: Single Pics to be imported

PostFri Jan 15, 2021 6:08 pm

Show Individual Frames.png
Show Individual Frames.png (46.22 KiB) Viewed 238 times
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

HencoM

PostFri Jan 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Thx, I am still new in Davinci coming from PP and it is a hell of a change to get used to, Complicated workflow. :(

Jim Simon

PostSat Jan 16, 2021 3:53 pm

The biggest mistake I made after switching from Premiere Pro was thinking that my previous experience meant I could just jump into a new NLE without difficulty.

Nope.

As a new user, your first course of action should be to complete some Resolve training. The Beginner's Guide and Advanced Editing are an excellent groundwork to get you moving smoothly. ;)

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

wfolta

PostSat Jan 16, 2021 4:16 pm

I would echo this. Adobe has trained a huge number of us that everything should work like Photoshop, with layers and effects on those layers. It makes for an easier transition from Photoshop to Premiere to Slow Premiere (After Effects) but once our minds are warped around their one-trick-pony, it causes many problems. This mostly handicaps users who have a hard time adjusting to node-based workflows.

This particular issue is slightly different: in the professional 3D/VFX world, image sequences are often used instead of videos. There are HUGE advantages to this workflow. If you throw a set of photos at Resolve that have the same prefix and then numbers, it assumes you are doing such work and joins them as a sequence. But it has a switch to override that behavior. I assume Premiere and Slow Premiere also have a similar switch but it defaults to the opposite setting.

Resolve should probably have the switch in the import dialog box itself. It's not a matter of complication, it's more a matter of default.
Resolve Studio 17 latest, Fusion Studio 17 latest, macOS Big Sur latest, MacBook Pro 2020 64GB RAM and Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB VRAM

Return to DaVinci Resolve