New User - DR17 and DR16 crash when attempting to "cut"

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MattyWylde

New User - DR17 and DR16 crash when attempting to "cut"

PostTue Jan 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi guys, I've searched in the forum and found plenty about crashes, however none that fit my symptoms.. I have a 9900k, 32bg ram, 1080ti, 500 gB m.2 boot drive, I currently have DR 17 installed on a sata SSD as well as all media I am attempting to edit on the same drive, however the issue persists on all install directory's.
I've attempted multiple clean installs of both DR 16 and 17. Sometimes it doesn't accept media being added, and the program hangs. Sometimes it won't play the media back, just shows a plank preview.. Other times it accepts media and I can scrub and play back fine. However, as soon as I attempt to do absolutely anything in the cut tab, the program hangs or crashes.... I'm new to video editing and this has me feeling like this hobby isn't worth it...

I've attempted to add the log file as an attachment, but it's saying .log, .txt. and .docx formats are not supported...... I'm afraid I don't know what other information to add. Thank you in advance.

Jim Simon

Re: New User - DR17 and DR16 crash when attempting to "cut"

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 4:53 pm

"To help keep the v17 beta items separate from the regular forum topics, please use v17 beta sub forum for all your reports on v17 beta items.

Also, for operational questions, please refer to the New Features Guide that is in the installer before posting here."

- DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

17_Forum.png
17_Forum.png (60.2 KiB) Viewed 261 times
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve