Managed Media Folders: Deleting projects:expected behavior?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

amoricanseth

Managed Media Folders: Deleting projects:expected behavior?

PostThu Jan 21, 2021 3:29 pm

Hi all. I have been experimenting with Managed Media folders in Projects, to get a little more control and visibility over the location of my assets during the edit process. Over the last couple of days I've been doing some housekeeping - Exporting project archives of completed projects, moving them off to long term storage, deleting projects and related assets off of my edit workstation, etc. I'm using the free version of Resolve 16.28 on Mac OS 10.15.7.

During this process, when deleting projects from the Project Manager, I discovered that Resolve seems to "clean up after itself" pretty well when it comes to the Caches and Optimized Media files - but it appears that the Managed Media folders do not, unfortunately, follow suit.

Is this intended / expected behavior? It seems odd to me that the app provides a function like Media Management at a project level - but then it doesn't seem to delete the files that are placed in the specified path when you delete the project from within that app. It seems like it should either be automatic, or better yet, provided as an option when you delete the project from the Project Manager, if the Media Management feature is in use for that project.

Looking forward to some insight on this. Thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve