Text+ keyframing bug

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rulemer

Text+ keyframing bug

PostMon Feb 08, 2021 2:05 am

Hi all,

Experiencing an odd bug where the write-on keyframes aren't lining up with the actual rendering for any Text+ objects I'm making.. Almost like it's rendering half speed

This short screencapture shows the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/er5qndwkvwz47 ... g.mov?dl=0

If anyone has any advice, much appreciated

Running 17.0B Build 27 on a 2010 12-core Mac Pro, 10.14.6

~ Ru
Freelance music producer
http://www.lemer.co.uk/

FaidonKourounakis

Re: Text+ keyframing bug

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 8:44 pm

I have a similar problem.
Just keyframing write-on>end from 0 to 1 for a long word, does not show the entire word after the "1" keyframe. Suspected it was a bug, but I couldn't open my project made in DR17.1.1 in an older version.

BUG?
Anyone else have problems with write on?

stevenkeen

PostMon May 03, 2021 5:54 pm

Yes, same here. Ever since V17, the Write On effect in the Text+ title is useless (macOS Catalina). It will appear to work, but the animation messes up the timing and you can't edit it. It appears to jump around when you go frame by frame, and adding or deleting Key Frames has no effect. I use this a lot, so it's driving me nuts. Anyone got a fast work-around?

aglyons

PostMon May 10, 2021 8:13 pm

Brand new fresh install of Windows10Pro and DR17.1.1. I don't even have any other software installed yet. Windows/Nvidia/DR17.1.1

When I first opened the project Fusion errored out on rendering when it hit that section. Even playback on that part shows a totally black window. No text. I blew away that text+ block and tried to rebuild it. That's when I've run into this timing issue with write-on.

WTF

aglyons

PostWed May 12, 2021 5:51 pm

reverted Nvidia studio driver to v461.92

Reverted DR Studio to v17.0

Text+ write on started working again.

I will attempt an update to DR Studio v17.2 and see what happens. This could be an Nvidia driver issue again.

UPDATE: Yup, totally broken in v17.2 with NstudioV462.92 and up. The existing Text+ is there and as long as I don't touch it it will render correctly. I can tell it's messed because watching the write-on slider jumps around when the text is doing nothing. Creating a new Text+ with write-on animation is going to be impossible at this point.

I should add that it is also impossible to jump from keyframe to keyframe using the key arrow buttons. Playback head flies around all over the place.

sirenfbl

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 10:25 am

08/2021 and I still got the same problem.

Have you found anything that's worked for you?

aglyons

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 7:12 pm

sirenfbl wrote:08/2021 and I still got the same problem.

Have you found anything that's worked for you?

Sorry for the late reply. All is working for me in 17.3, Windows 10 with Nvidia 471.11 studio drivers.

Now, this was creating a new text+ clip and creating writeon keyframes. I have not gone back to previous timelines to check about editing old content.

TechChecker

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 am

I still have the same bug both on the "Write ON" function and the "text" Keyframes itself on 17.4 build 12. The animation does whatever it wants even though the text itself is having keyframes..
In the screenshot you can see, that the keyframe is locking the text to "Meinungsfreiheit", however the animation already shows way more text that is keyframed a lot later.

The same goes for the "Write On". The more keyframes you have, the more it gets messed up with no possibility to control it. The best you can do is adding a new Text+ block for each word instead of keyframing it. Or you simply set a "Write ON" = 0 - Keyframe in the beginning of the whole sentence and a keyframe for Write On = 1 at the end and let it have this simple animation... It is a mess.
Attachments
bug timing resolve 17.4.png
bug timing resolve 17.4.png (681.06 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
Youtube: "Max Aigner"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQl_SUc0xfLE5Es1UV387lQ/

Return to DaVinci Resolve