The clip could not be decoded correctly

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kerniuzas

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 7:06 pm

Hello, it's nice to take part in this big community.

I’ve spent way too much time searching for a solution on a particular problem and had no luck. Hopefully, somebody here could have a tip or even a solution.

I’m getting an error „render job failed as the current clip could not be processed“.

The project came as an XML from Premiere Pro and it consists of only r3d raw files.

I‘ve tried to render many times and every time I've received an error - I‘ve disabled clips which cause it. So now all the clips in yellow (look at the screenshot) are disabled and the project can be exported smoothly. However, I need the whole timeline exported with all clips enabled. I guess there's smth wrong with those clips, although they play smoothly on the red player.

Has someone run into the same trouble?

Have tried rendering the project on windows PC and also on a new MAC, got the same issue.

When exporting with "stop renders when a frame or clip cannot be processed" unchecked, the project gets exported but it has some weird random glitches.

Using the latest version of Davinci Resolve 16 Studio.
Attachments
timeline.jpg
Timeline with clips disabled
timeline.jpg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (21.49 KiB) Viewed 2872 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: The clip could not be decoded correctly

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 5:47 am

can place a link to a sample clip?

and detail you system to please
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jim Simon

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 3:19 pm

Kerniuzas wrote:When exporting with "stop renders when a frame or clip cannot be processed" unchecked, the project gets exported but it has some weird random glitches.

Well that's a first. Usually that setting returns only false errors, so turning it off usually solves the problem.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Kerniuzas

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:can place a link to a sample clip?

and detail you system to please

Here's the sample clip: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I've attached a screenshot with system details.

I've also noticed that some clips that cause the error, also output a single 'media offline' frame in the timeline monitor at some point.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 19.20.03.png
systems details
Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 19.20.03.png (43.08 KiB) Viewed 2817 times

Kerniuzas

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 5:42 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
Kerniuzas wrote:When exporting with "stop renders when a frame or clip cannot be processed" unchecked, the project gets exported but it has some weird random glitches.

Well that's a first. Usually that setting returns only false errors, so turning it off usually solves the problem.

Thanks for telling it. However, in this case this setting didn't return a false error. Since there are some glitches in the exported clip.

Kerniuzas

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 7:57 am

I tried creating a new project and imported only one of the failing clips ( have attached it in the previous comment) into the timeline yesterday. Created a sequence based on that clip, added some basic adjustments, and tried exporting it for Youtube. Sadly, received the same error as before.

My deadlines are coming near an end, do you have any tips on how to get through this issue?

Thanks!

John Spirou

PostTue Dec 12, 2023 3:41 pm

i have the same problems with many red files... any solution yet ?

Return to DaVinci Resolve