Severe playback lagg after crash

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Stefan_H

Severe playback lagg after crash

PostMon Mar 01, 2021 7:25 am

Hello! I'm hoping for help with a problem that I have failed to solve myself for the past few weeks, and that I can't find in the FAQ or earlier posts. Here it is: DaVinci Resolve ran without problem on my machine until I tried to put together a complex Fusion animation, which became too much for the system and caused it to crash. After that, DaVinci will no longer play video files without severe lagging. It also looks as if the software tries to change frame rate during playback.

I have tried several times to completely uninstall and re-install the program, but this only seems to make things worse. (Also, old project data remains after reinstallation, so perhaps my uninstalls are less complete than I think.) Any suggestions for solving this? I would be incredibly grateful!

Computer: MSI GF63 thin 9SC from 2020
OS: Windows 10 Home, version 1909, OS-version 18363.1379
DaVinci Resolve version: 16.2.8.005

Log downloaded after laggy playback: h ttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1TSi_X-r ... sp=sharing

Stefan_H

Re: Severe playback lagg after crash

PostFri Mar 05, 2021 5:43 am

No one has any idea?

ArtTistic

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 10:48 am

Hello Stefen,

Curious if you had any luck? Im experiencing the same problem and even the UI lags in response... I also have tried to uninstall and find old data still there....im thinking its a database problem....how can we delete that and start new...also, what caused the issue?? I cant lose my ability to open and re-edit and old project due to "quirks" in the program....

The lack of responses on these forums is certainly frustrating.....

hoping we can RESOLVE our issues :roll:
AMD Ryzen 9-3900, Asus ROG Strix X-570-MB, Asus Tuff RTX 3090, Inland 2TB NVMe system drive, (2) Samsung 850 1Tb SSD's, (1) Samsung 860 2Tb SSD, (3)Hot-swappable SATA bays for archival storage.

Stefan_H

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 6:06 pm

Yes, that does sound exactly like the problem I had. I never found any solution, and eventually switched to another video editor.

Return to DaVinci Resolve