New Resolve keyboard won't install

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Chrisdm123

New Resolve keyboard won't install

PostSun Mar 28, 2021 1:03 pm

Thanks in advance for your help. I have emailed BM about this but they haven't replied and I would love to get this working over the weekend.. I have a new Resolve Editor Keyboard and a new computer (Windows PC).. When I open Resolve 17, it recognizes the keyboard and prompts me to update/install some software/driver for it, and opens the control panels setup app... This app recognizes the keyboard, and says "update required".. I hit the update button and get this: Update Failed! Please check your connections and try again"

I have tried the USB cable it came with, and a couple different cables, as well as different USB ports. Any ideas? Thanks again,

Chris
Attachments
KeyboardError.PNG
KeyboardError.PNG (40.57 KiB) Viewed 724 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: New Resolve keyboard won't install

PostSun Mar 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Moved to Resolve forum.

Are u using v17.1?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Chrisdm123

PostSun Mar 28, 2021 4:42 pm

Yes, 17.1.. Thank you.

Chris

Chrisdm123

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 3:45 pm

SOLVED: Just wanted to post this in case anybody else has this issue... I tried updating the keyboard from my laptop and it worked... After Resolve's prompt to update the keyboard on my laptop, I got a Windows Defender/firewall message asking me if I would allow the operation... I agreed and it updated fine... So I didn't get that prompt on my new desktop, so it was some Windows security block that was causing the failure to update.

I updated the keyboard from my laptop, then plugged it into my new desktop and it works.

Chris

Jeff Carter

PostThu May 06, 2021 8:27 pm

I think I've figured out what's going on. I have my keyboard plugged into a USB 3.0 port (blue) and I had the exact same problem with it not installing. For grins I connected it to a USB 2.0 port (white) on my computer and it installed correctly. (I'm running Windows 10 on my PC.)

Return to DaVinci Resolve