Speed Editor Move Key Functionality (Varies)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

GrizzlyAK

Speed Editor Move Key Functionality (Varies)

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 11:24 pm

I've been pulling my hair out with this and just discovered that if you go back to the Cut page with more than a single track, the Move key on the SE doesn't work as documented. Instead of ripple-moving clips around (even if there is nothing in the other tracks over or under), it overwrites without ripple, a frame at a time - which is the same behavior it has in the Edit Page all the time. Didn't see this documented in the SE docs, so just an FYI so someone else doesn't waste a lot of time wondering why. BMD really needs to work on CONSISTENCY among the apps.

That's in addition to the fact that the SE keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnecting from BT. :cry:
Shane Taylor
Owner, Ion Drift Productions
www.iondriftproductions.com

Resolve Studio V17.4 Build 12 Activation Key
Windows 10 Pro x64
HP Z820, 16 core
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080Ti 11GB
26 TB Storage
OS & Cache on SSD
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Audio Interface

Kerber

Re: Speed Editor Move Key Functionality (Varies)

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 8:55 pm

The language on various Split/Move instructions wasn't clear to me. Here is what I've found.

The Split/Move key
Split = press the split/move key (press and release it).
Move = hold the split/move key (press it down and hold it down).
Split Undo = double press the split/move key (pres and release it twice, this essentially does nothing).
Split & Move = double press and hold the split/move key (press and release, then press and hold it down).

The last action will add a split, and then keep the right side of the clip selected to to be moved. On multiple tracks this will split all tracks and hold the clip you are last track you were working from.

Return to DaVinci Resolve