Consolidating Two Disk Databases

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Giatropoulos

Consolidating Two Disk Databases

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 7:50 pm

I used Ctrl C and Ctrl V to copy projects from one database to another on the same Windows machine. In the destination database when I use the list view in Proj Mgr, I now see that the LAST MODIFIED and the DATE CREATED fields of these projects have changed from their original dates to the date I copied and pasted them into the second database.
I did a backup of the two databases before I did this so I can go back, but how can I move projects from one dB to another while retaining the correct dates. (My objective is to consolidate the two databases into one. Once I have copied the projects from dB A to dB B I was going to go into A and delete them or just delete the entire database.)
Is there a better way to combine my two databases than the way I just tried, which ended up changing the Date Created and Last Modified dates?

Jim Simon

Re: Consolidating Two Disk Databases

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 11:00 pm

giatropoulos@gmail.com wrote:how can I move projects from one dB to another while retaining the correct dates.
You may not be able to. Copy/Paste is the only method I know to move projects.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Uli Plank

Re: Consolidating Two Disk Databases

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 1:39 am

Don't try to mess with databases on your own, let DR take care of them.
Just export the .drp files from one database an import them into the other.

This might be helpful:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i3x06004w0jp ... d.pdf?dl=0
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to DaVinci Resolve