How edit and remove Sound Library?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

cadeg_rsh

How edit and remove Sound Library?

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 7:40 am

So, I can't found possibilities to edit (Add/Remove/Rename e.t.c) and to remove all database from Sound Library. May be somebody know the secret?

Reynaud Venter

Re: How edit and remove Sound Library?

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 8:12 am

In Resolve's Sound Library panel use the Additional Options (3 dots) menu's "Add Library" command to add new sound files to the currently selected database. The pop-up window will ask "Would you like to rescan the path and add new files to the Sound Library".

For user created Sound Effects Libraries that use Disk Databases, disconnect the Database in Resolve's Project Manager and manually delete the target folder in Finder/ Explorer.

For user created Sound Effects Libraries using Postgres databases, disconnect the Database in Resolve's Project Manager and use the PGAdmin application to delete the database. On macOS, you can drop the database via Terminal using: drop database "<db>";

The "Blackmagic Fairlight Sound Library 1.0" installer creates its own entity. It is not possible to add content to the database and the Additional Options (3 dots) menu in Resolve's Sound Library panel disables if the "Blackmagic Fairlight Sound Library" database is selected. To delete the "Blackmagic Fairlight Sound Library" manually delete the target folder in Finder/ Explorer and it will no longer be listed in Resolve's Sound Library panel.

cadeg_rsh

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 1:37 pm

Reynaud Venter wrote:In Resolve's Sound Library panel use the Additional Options (3 dots) menu's "Add Library" command to add new sound files to the currently selected database. The pop-up window will ask "Would you like to rescan the path and add new files to the Sound Library".

For user created Sound Effects Libraries that use Disk Databases, disconnect the Database in Resolve's Project Manager and manually delete the target folder in Finder/ Explorer.

For user created Sound Effects Libraries using Postgres databases, disconnect the Database in Resolve's Project Manager and use the PGAdmin application to delete the database. On macOS, you can drop the database via Terminal using: drop database "<db>";

The "Blackmagic Fairlight Sound Library 1.0" installer creates its own entity. It is not possible to add content to the database and the Additional Options (3 dots) menu in Resolve's Sound Library panel disables if the "Blackmagic Fairlight Sound Library" database is selected. To delete the "Blackmagic Fairlight Sound Library" manually delete the target folder in Finder/ Explorer and it will no longer be listed in Resolve's Sound Library panel.

Thank you very much!
But it so terrible unfriendly :(
May be to 18 version BMD team can make it more user friendly...

Jim Simon

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 1:39 pm

There is a separate forum for Feature Requests.

viewforum.php?f=33

Best practice is to search first, to see if someone already asked. If not, post one idea per thread with a very brief description of the idea in the thread's title.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

defrian

PostMon May 17, 2021 7:47 am

I have installed the Fairlight sound Library and created a user library for my own files. I want to delete just one clip from my own user library. how can this be done?

deleting the clip from my user library folder and rescan did no do it as it only seems to add new clips but does not delete missing ones.

do i have to delete both libraries an recreate them?

Reynaud Venter

PostMon May 17, 2021 7:38 pm

defrian wrote:do i have to delete both libraries an recreate them?
Currently no rebuild database function is available (only the rescan facility).
Manually delete the current database and create a new database.

defrian

PostThu May 20, 2021 8:59 am

For those who read this later. This is what I did to solve my problem.

1. In the Project Manager page, with the Database area exposed
  2. Right click the database in question, and select. "Open File Location/Reveal in Finder"
  3. Open the Resolve Projects folder.
  4. Look for the SoundLib.db file.
  5. Rename that to SoundLib.db.old
  6. Restart Resolve - Resolve will create a new SoundLib.db
  7. Open the Sound Library and select the User Library
  8. Re-add your desired sounds (Folder)

If everything worked you than can safely delete the SoundLib.db.old File.
If you have installed the Free Fairlight Sounds: This is a separate Library which is not effected by this process.

The procedure ist inspired by: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=108699&p=646355&hilit=SoundLib.db#p646152

GrizzlyAK

PostTue Jun 29, 2021 3:03 am

Thanks Andre, just what I was looking for! :D
Shane Taylor
Owner, Ion Drift Productions
www.iondriftproductions.com

Resolve Studio V17.4 Build 12 Activation Key
Windows 10 Pro x64
HP Z820, 16 core
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080Ti 11GB
26 TB Storage
OS & Cache on SSD
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Audio Interface

WayDownSouth

PostTue Jan 31, 2023 10:00 am

Thank you Andre. Brilliant. Excellent advice.

Jeffrey Linneman

PostSun Feb 18, 2024 8:12 pm

Thank you, Andre, for this quick easy solution!!

Return to DaVinci Resolve