audio export issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

audio export issues

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 10:29 am

lately alot of exports (mostly QuickTime h264) cuts off the audio just a tiny little bit at the start. it's subtle, but just enough to make it unusable. the original files are WAV. I really don't have a clue what could cause it. does anyone recognize this, and have tips to get around it?

resolve 17.1

Reynaud Venter

Re: audio export issues

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 pm

Is this behaviour also present with audio-only deliverables or only with video exports?

Same behaviour with Resolve 17.1.1?
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Rick van den Berg

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 1:02 pm

I only know about video+audio.

i can't try a different version yet, i'm in the middle of some projects. but i know this has been happening before. I also tried it at some mac systems here, but it also happens there. sometimes not. it's pretty random. i also got visual problems/artifacts with mxf exports. i'm really in the middle of a frustration phase now, i just cannot deliver... sigh..

Jim Simon

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Do you have any Noise Reduction effects in play for the audio?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Rick van den Berg

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 5:44 pm

nope. not a single effect. not even a volume change, it's just one wave file.

but "good" news, After a few tries per timeline i finally got it out of resolve correctly. i have no idea why though. 14 timelines ,3/4 minutes length average. so all good now. but my god that was a bad experience...

However i do want to know how to prevent this.

Return to DaVinci Resolve