some Snapping functionality seems to be broken?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Philipp Glaninger

some Snapping functionality seems to be broken?

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 10:44 am

Is it possible that Snapping lost some of its functionality in recent Updates? Right now I am using 17.1.1 build 9, and I am unable to do the following thing:

I am using the Mouse and hovering with a Clip, that was taken from the Viewer Window (!) right above a populated Timeline. Normally I used to be able to toggle snapping on/off (using a hotkey) while hovering with the Clip around. But now the toggle state is locked and only after releasing the clip into the timeline Ii can change the toggle state with a hotkey.

Maybe it is me doing something wrong? But if not, I am asking to make it possible again to dynamically switch toggle on/off by hotkey while manipulating the timeline.
Resolve Studio 18.x / i7 6700k / Windows 10 (64GB Ram) / GeForce GTX 1080TI 11GB / Tangent Wave Tablet / 3 Monitors + 1 Reference Monitor (by Intensity Pro)

Jim Simon

Re: some Snapping functionality seems to be broken?

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 3:10 pm

I'm seeing the same in Studio 17.1.1 for Windows.

I can toggle while dragging around clips already in a timeline, but not while dragging around a clip that is being added to a timeline.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve