After Edit Blade Cuts...no sound??

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

seanla18

After Edit Blade Cuts...no sound??

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 4:20 am

Hey Guys,

Am working on a video (17 Studio) and after cutting on the timeline (edit Tab) with Edit Blade, I loose sound on the timeline after the cut. Sound before cut is there, but no sound after cut??? What am I missing?

Sean La

Jim Simon

Re: After Edit Blade Cuts...no sound??

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 4:45 pm

What camera was used to record the footage?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

seanla18

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 2:38 am

Jim Simon wrote:What camera was used to record the footage?

The camera used is a GoPro Hero 7. Never had this problem before with any of my footage(also use a SONY A7rIII). Have been using Resolve 16 for my YT channel for almost a year, but felt like I had to give Black M my money because Resolve is so freaking good. So far my only fix for this issue (and this is my 1st video after installing Studio 17, so yes very disappointing) is to shut down the program and restart and then all the sound starts working perfectly on the timeline, until I make another Edit with the Blade.
BM apparently doesn't like my ninja style with the Blade...LOL.

Jim Simon

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 5:06 pm

OK.

Are you able to share a sample clip for us to test? (I don't have a GoPro myself.)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

seanla18

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Jim Simon wrote:OK.

Are you able to share a sample clip for us to test? (I don't have a GoPro myself.)

Yes, But unfortunately I am at work now. I can send you a link tonight via google drive, but will need your email, unless there is a way to provide you the video on here somehow. Please forgive me as all this stuff is kinda knew to me.

I tried to post a link to the completed video on youtube, so you could see where in the video I did the "title callout" and therefore where I made the blade cuts to isolate the video/sound on the timeline, so that I could jump into fusion to use the tracker to track the call out. That post was denied, I guess because of the URL...no worried, probably not important anyway.

Thank you for trying to help me with this. I really like this program and am trying to learn as much as I can. Please let me know how you would like me to get you the video.

Jim Simon

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 3:33 pm

You can post the download link here in the forums, just add a space after the www.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Return to DaVinci Resolve