Fusion clips "Media Offline" during output

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Scotty Why

Fusion clips "Media Offline" during output

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 3:28 am

This is driving me insane. This keeps happening to me:
I edit some stuff. It all plays fine. I will watch it 100 times and everything plays fine. Then I go to output and I get the red screen "media offline" on some of my fusion clips.

I'm not moving anything. I'm not changing anything. One minute they play back fine, next minute it tells me the media is offline. WTF?

This latest time... I did an output and it was fine. Then I went and made a quick change to the audio and re-output and now it says my titles are "offline". WTF? Suddenly it is telling me there is a problem with the drop shadow? Honestly I have watched this video back 50 times and the titles worked fine up until 5 minutes ago. I didn't touch the titles. I haven't touched the titles in days but suddenly it can't play them back.

When I clicked on the error ! at the bottom I got this message:
-----------
DropShadow1 cannot get Parameter for Source at time 49
DropShadow2 cannot get Parameter for Source at time 49
MediaOut1 cannot get Parameter for Input at time 49
MediaOut1 failed at time 49
Insta1080 cannot get frame for time 49
DropShadow2 cannot get Parameter for Source at time 49
-----------

Again these titles played fine literally moment ago, I didn't touch anything, didn't change anything, they just stopped working. And this has happen to me at least 10 different times. It always seems to be Fusion that is the problem.
DR Studio 18 Win10 22H2
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM
GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Studio driver 31.0.15.3161
OS,Program: 1TB SSD - Media: 1TB SSD - Cache: 1TB SSD

Jim Simon

Re: Fusion clips "Media Offline" during output

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 3:43 pm

What's Insta1080?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

GrizzlyAK

PostSat Apr 17, 2021 1:51 am

I’ve seen similar behavior in Fusion Titles after simply exporting a project and then going back to the edit page. What was even weirder was that not even the SAME clips were showing offline in both the Edit and Color pages when I switched back and forth. I think there might be a cache integration issue or some other confusion. Of course, all of the clips would appear and play just fine when you selected them in either page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shane Taylor
Owner, Ion Drift Productions
www.iondriftproductions.com

Resolve Studio V17.4 Build 12 Activation Key
Windows 10 Pro x64
HP Z820, 16 core
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080Ti 11GB
26 TB Storage
OS & Cache on SSD
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Audio Interface

Scotty Why

PostSun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 pm

"Insta1080" is a file name. It is a PNG logo. I do wonder if it is something to do with that. Now that I think about it... I think this mostly happens when I add an image file to a fusion comp.

Even if there is an issue with the PNG file, that still doesn't explain why it will play fine a bunch of times and then all of a sudden stop working. If there is a problem with the file then it should show up right away. And that is my HUGE FRUSTRATION here... I will spend hours and hours working on a composition, assuming that everything is OK and then after putting in all that work the program suddenly decides there is an element that it doesn't like and I get the "offline" message. I makes me feel like I can never trust Fusion.

I love the Resolve editor but so far... I HATE fusion. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.
DR Studio 18 Win10 22H2

Scotty Why

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 10:52 pm

FOLLOW UP:

So I still don't get it - but here is all I did:

I went into the Fusion comp and removed the graphic that was giving the error. Then I just pulled it back in from the media pool and reconnected it to the merge node and now everything is fine. (but for how long??)

Again I didn't do anything, I didn't change anything, I didn't move anything... I just deleted the file from the Comp and then took the exact same file from the exact same bin, dropped it in the comp and now it is fine. As I said, it had always been fine. For two weeks it was fine. For 100 previews, it was fine. For the first export, it was fine. And then 10 seconds later it suddenly was "offline".

This has got to be some kind of bug. Other weird things like this seem to happen a lot. Hopefully when I update to Resolve 17 some of this stuff will go away. But I don't want switch versions in the middle of this project. Once I get this thing out of the box and approved by the client I'll move to 17 and see what happens.
DR Studio 18 Win10 22H2

GrizzlyAK

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 8:02 am

Scotty, I recommend you log a support ticket on the BMD web site. If it is a bug (and I think it is), they are not likely to see it here, but will see it if you log it with support directly.
Shane Taylor
Owner, Ion Drift Productions
www.iondriftproductions.com

Resolve Studio V17.4 Build 12 Activation Key
Windows 10 Pro x64
HP Z820, 16 core
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080Ti 11GB
26 TB Storage
OS & Cache on SSD
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Audio Interface

Return to DaVinci Resolve