Farlight Voice-over Recording has no Audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rpeiper

Farlight Voice-over Recording has no Audio

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 4:22 pm

I have scoured the forums and the youtube videos for this issue but can't find anyone with a fix to it.

I have setup a 2nd audio channel to record voiceovers in a known-good microphone (same one I use in OBS to record the original videos) and it doesn't pick up any audio. The recording is there but there is no sound to it.

The only thing I noticed different in my setup versus others I saw was that my microphone has 8 output channels and most only have 1 or 2. Is that potentially the issue? I am sure I am missing something very simple but I have spent hours researching and just can't find the answer.

I am using a Mindframe Omen headset/Microphone with Davinci Resolve 17.0B Build 17 on a Windows10 Pro machine. Headset is connected via a USB port to the computer.

recording1.png
recording1.png (14.63 KiB) Viewed 55 times

recording2.png
recording2.png (352.46 KiB) Viewed 55 times
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
DX Diag just in case it helps
(16.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Andy Evans

Re: Farlight Voice-over Recording has no Audio

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 9:53 pm

Have a look at the input device in the Windows sound settings.. right click the speaker icon in the bottom task bar of windows and choose sound setting from the popup menu. See if there is more than one option for your mic..there may be one called 'stereo' and one called 'multichannel' or something along those lines. It's odd that your mic shows 8 inputs, like you say there should really only be two at most.
Check your audio i/o settings in preferences are set to 'use system settings' and not 'manual'.
Also with your record track, use a mono track to record VO to rather than a stereo one, although I don't think that's the issue here, just better practise.
Sound Designer/Mixer
Melbourne Australia
www.mud.net.au

Return to DaVinci Resolve