Project.db not being detected by Project Manager

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kleric

Project.db not being detected by Project Manager

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 5:24 pm

Recently, a project I've been working on for about a month has stopped appearing in the Project Manager of Davinci Resolve. I do not have any Backup .drp files of it (I'm starting to learn how important it is to make those often), but I do still have the Project.db file, which I found here:

C:\Users\Luke\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database\Resolve Projects\Users\guest\Projects

After researching for a bit, it seems likely that the Project.db file is corrupted somehow, but also that there is also hope in fixing it, if someone were to dig around in the file.

Is there anyone here able and willing to do that? Or could I be pointed in the right direction to someone who can or how I could do it myself?
Or maybe even some other solutions that slipped past me to try?

The file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R30Rf4 ... sp=sharing

Kleric

Re: Project.db not being detected by Project Manager

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 8:51 pm

I guess I'll start working on putting everything back together again instead.
This sucks.

Jim Simon

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 2:05 pm

I once had to redo a class project from scratch four times over because someone from another class kept deleting my work.

It's never fun. :cry:
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

ashire

PostSat May 01, 2021 12:57 am

I just had the same thing happen after a hard crash.

I was working on a Resolve 17.1.1 project running on Windows and the computer crashed during an edit. I had autosave turned on, but not project backups (silly me, this was a new Windows/Resolve 17 install and just missed that setting).

After the computer restarted, hard crash, I opened Resolve and the project I was working on no longer exists in the project manager. I checked the project's DB location and file structure and it was intact. I then exported the logs and saw the infamous:
"Failed to initialize database"
&
"Project.db @ db17: database disk image is malformed Unable to execute statement"

The "Project.db" file is pretty small'ish about 10MB. Its not a massive project, but it was about a day's worth of work.

I'm guessing this means I'm screwed, eh?

Well, I guess I'm working the weekend now to get these edits out to the directors... ugh!

WeTransfer link of Project.db file & Logs: https://we.tl/t-XP8VYl80fS
-
Andrew Shire
Colorist & Online Finishing Editor
Film - Television - Commercials

-
Windows 10 Pro (22H2), i9-11900K, 10GigE, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
Avid Artist DNxIO PCIe, Desktop Video 12.7, Resolve Studio 18.6

Return to DaVinci Resolve