Would love to see webinar on Advanced Panel V2

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Richard Dean

Would love to see webinar on Advanced Panel V2

PostMon May 10, 2021 1:36 am

With the release of V2 of the Advanced Panel, (I'm still waiting on my keycaps to be delivered) I'd love to see a webinar or other training specifically on getting the most out of V2.

Marc Wielage

Re: Would love to see webinar on Advanced Panel V2

PostMon May 10, 2021 2:27 am

I've actually mulled over doing this, but it'd be a long, long conversation.

I struggled for 2-3 months to re-memorize all the new keys and shift-combinations, and I'm just about there as of a few weeks ago. It's tough when you've done years on the original panels and then have to make the switch. Half the time I'm working, I'm partly asleep, so I have to fight the old memory of how to do things and force myself to remember the new way.

The biggest tip I can give you: memorize the Mode keys above the 4 trackballs:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raw-Log-Primary HD-Motion-Curves Qualifier-Window-Sizing Adj Win-Overlay-Cursor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use those a lot. The shift-functions for those Mode keys are also really important, and I find I use Tracker, Warper, and Key the most.

In time, it's possible to rip through sessions without even glancing down to see what keys you're looking at. My biggest beef is having to hit TWO buttons in order to create a Static keyframe, which is insane to me. I grumble every time I have to do it, but I'm getting used to it. I also hate only having one Save button, which is a long, long away from where I sit. A close-by Save button (which we used to have) would've been better.

There's a lot of logic and good sense with the new layout, with a lot of things that kind of "go together" (for lack of a better term). They've crammed a lot in a relatively small space.

I'm still waiting for "Advanced Panel 3" that has 7 trackballs (for the HDR/Zone controls) and an integrated Wacom tablet.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Richard Dean

Re: Would love to see webinar on Advanced Panel V2

PostMon May 10, 2021 6:33 am

Marc thanks for the great tips. Seems like it would make most sense to have BMD pay you to do a webinar.

Several of the recent ones listed are 5 days, so it seems they are not against long and extensive webinars.

Return to DaVinci Resolve