Can't customize keyboard shortcuts!!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

IvanTheEditor

Can't customize keyboard shortcuts!!

PostTue May 11, 2021 6:57 am

I'be been finding more and more bugs inside Resolve. I thought this was a professional software but not being able to customize keyboard shortcuts is a total slap in the face. I can't take this software seriously anymore!

I am trying to assign "Opt+U" to the "Zoom Out" command. I can't. Yes, I did delete the previously assigned command for "Opt+U". I even opened the text file and manually changed it then re-imported it into DR. Still nothing.

Currently, "Opt+U" is assigned to the "Zoom Out" command. But when I press "Opt+U" absolutely nothing happens.

I have "Opt+O" assigned to "Zoom In" and that works just fine.

I've found other commands like that one that I'm not able to customize but I think this one is a good example. Can someone on a Mac please try to see if they can assign "Opt+U" to the "Zoom Out" command so I know if it's just me or if it's Resolve?

Thanks!

kalain

Re: Can't customize keyboard shortcuts!!

PostTue May 11, 2021 9:14 am

Hi,
Yes lots of shortcuts does not work or can't be assigned correctly if you have an Azerty keyboard.
In order to work correctly you need to change and load in windows a Qwerty keyboard (but your real keyboard will still stay Azerty, so not so easy to find a right key on Azerty keyboard configured as an Qwerty keyboard!!)

IvanTheEditor

PostTue May 11, 2021 9:36 pm

I'm on a mac. I use the regular wireless apple keyboard. So I don't think what you're referring to is the problem for me but I do agree - LOTS of shortcuts don't seem to be working with DR or to be re-assignable.

Jim Simon

PostTue May 11, 2021 9:37 pm

Add your voice below.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=125987
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve