drag&drop multiple audio recs as individual tracks ?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

iblackmagic

drag&drop multiple audio recs as individual tracks ?

PostTue May 11, 2021 11:15 am

How can i import (drag&drop) multiple audio files together to the timeline ?
When i drop them in the media pool and selecting them all, i can drag only one to the Edit tab f.ex.
When i have them all selected and i right click "create new timeline using selected clips" and letting the number of audio tracks correspond to the number of the actual tracks, i get the number of audio tracks in the timeline, but all audio files are pasted one behind the other in a single audio track, the other audio tracks rest empty. Sure, i can drag them individually afterwards, but this a bit cumbersome when there's a lot of tracks involved.
Why can't i just 'batch' drag&drop everything and each audio file gets its own track?

Jim Simon

Re: drag&drop multiple audio recs as individual tracks ?

PostTue May 11, 2021 9:25 pm

There is currently no way to drag and drop multiple clips vertically stacked in a timeline. You'd have to add them one at a time.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Reynaud Venter

PostWed May 12, 2021 6:23 am

On macOS, Command + dragging media on to the Fairlight Timeline from the Media Pool presents a dialog providing the option to place each source media file on a separate Timeline Track.

Command + Shift + dragging media from the Media Pool on to the Fairlight Timeline will place source media at embedded Start Timecode positions.

iblackmagic

PostWed May 12, 2021 8:42 am

@Reynaud Venter

wow the cmd drag option did exactly that ! Great help, thanks !

Return to DaVinci Resolve