Disabled save button on Color management dialog screen

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

alex.starbuck

Disabled save button on Color management dialog screen

PostWed May 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Hi all!

I tried changing to DaVinci color management as I usually do, but the Save button is disabled. Nothing is different except a few Camer RAW settings I changed.

This time I am working with RED Dragon footage so I followed their Komodo/Resolve tutorial from YT.

Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Jim Simon

Re: Disabled SAVE button on Color management dialog screen

PostWed May 12, 2021 3:07 pm

Try changing an unrelated setting, saving, then going back in to revert that unrelated setting.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

alex.starbuck

Re: Disabled SAVE button on Color management dialog screen

PostThu May 13, 2021 10:05 am

Thanks for the reply Jim!

I tried doing that but nothing helped, no changed setting would enable the save button. In the end, I googled a lot and watched a couple of youtube tutorials... it turns out that the issue is in the way I set my raw decoding/color management.

Raw decoding and color management should either be set in the "Camera raw" options OR under "Color settings" (basically you either enable camera manufacturers profile, gamma, color science, etc. OR let Resolve handle things with its wide gamut, ACES, etc.).

I set it to Resolve wide gamut and it all worked great!

Return to DaVinci Resolve