Resolve doesn't play anything when pressing play

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

baecher1

Resolve doesn't play anything when pressing play

PostWed May 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi all, I wonder if you can help me - I've had a scour of the forum and haven't been able to find any posts with the same issue.

After 10 or 15 minutes of working in Resolve 17.1, upon attempting to play a paused timeline or clip in any of the tabs (cut/edit/color), the red 'play' button illuminates but the item does not play in the viewing window and the playhead does not move. If I click and drag the playhead across the timeline, it will move to that position and the still in the viewing window will update to that position. The play button will stay red throughout as if it is playing, but still won't be. I do, however, see a burst of audio on the meters the moment I press play, but I don't hear anything.

This is happening often: in the past hour I've had to restart Resolve 17.1 at least three times to be able to continue editing, and it's been going on for the past couple of days.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

baecher1

Re: Resolve doesn't play anything when pressing play

PostWed May 12, 2021 9:46 pm

Just to confirm, this is 17.1 build 24.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve doesn't play anything when pressing play

PostWed May 12, 2021 11:38 pm

Please try the current 17.2 release. If that still has issues, provide us with some info about your system.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve