search for particular sound snippets in audio track ?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

iblackmagic

search for particular sound snippets in audio track ?

PostFri May 14, 2021 9:12 am

Hi, I'm trying to manually sync a mute video with independently recorded audio, which records on-board when fired up, but this time badly out of sync with the video, so i'm having trouble to find a shared moment. There are some specific "acoustic fingerprints" though, such as the speaker's chair making noise when getting up. So i'd like to know whether i could identify this particular sound snippet in the .wav recording inside Davinci, in order to help me find that moment for syncing.
If it can't be done in DR, feel free to suggest me a dedicated app that'd allow me to do that...

Jim Simon

Re: search for particular sound snippets in audio track ?

PostFri May 14, 2021 2:30 pm

You would have to listen, though the waveform can be something of a guide for where to listen.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

iblackmagic

PostFri May 14, 2021 2:34 pm

so no automated way to do this in DR, even with a plugin ? Would there be a solution (stock or plugin) for doing spectral analysis ?

Jim Simon

PostFri May 14, 2021 2:41 pm

There's Transient Detection on the Fairlight page. Not knowing the sounds in your clip, I can't know if that'll be of any help. Might be worth a look.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve