Blank screen when starting DaVinci 17

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

sweboss

Blank screen when starting DaVinci 17

PostSat May 15, 2021 8:02 am

I upgraded to ver 17 and installed the Speed Editor at the same time. At the beginning all worked fine, but then the following problem appears:
I start Resolve, see the Project Manager, chose a project (or New Project) and then I just see a blank screen with the menu bar above, but nothing else. Most of the items under the menu "DaVinci Resolve" are greyed out, including "Preferences" and "Quit DaVinci Resolve". Sometimes they reveal after a while, but the screen remain blank. I tried "Switch to Page" in "Workspace", but no result.
After a couple of restarts, plugging and un-plugging a USB-C cable on the Speed Editior, the program finally starts, but prior to writing this post, I started and restarted the program 7 times, but I have still not managed to get it to work as it should.
My configuration is MacBook Pro 15 inch 2018, i7 2,6GHz 6-Core, 32GB DDR4, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, macOS Big Sur 11.3.1. I'm using an external monitor, LG UltraFine 27'', with the lid on the MacBook closed.
Attachments
Blank Screen.jpg
Screenshot
Blank Screen.jpg (462.17 KiB) Viewed 710 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Blank screen when starting DaVinci 17

PostMon May 17, 2021 3:48 am

moved to resolve forum
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

sweboss

Re: Blank screen when starting DaVinci 17

PostFri May 21, 2021 11:17 am

Problem solved. It appears that some remaining of plug-in apps that I deleted earlier prevented the program from starting. Once I cleaned these away, Resolve works perfect.

Return to DaVinci Resolve