Audio Recording Error

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ATR_Blacks

Audio Recording Error

PostMon May 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi,

first, I hope I will be able to describe my problem in english, which is not my mother language.

I am not able to record audio directly in Davinci Resolve Fairlight. I have seen a lot of tutorials and copied the procedure, but it still does not work:

My PC has a built-in microphone and I have an USB-Microphone (AUNA 900). But microphones work. I can see the waveform in the windows settings and I can record audio with online recording tools. Both microphones are recognized by DaVinci, so I can patch them. As far as I know, after patching and clicking "arm for record" on the audio channel, I should see a movement in the mixer or the meters. But unfortunatelly there is no movement. Therefore, if I start a recording, Davinci creates an audio file, but it is absolutely quiet.

I have attached a screenshot; on A6 i have made a recording.

So, is this a common problem? Is there something obvious, that I am doing wrong?
I am very thankfull for any ideas!

Best regards,
Peter
Attachments
Fairlight Screenshot.png
Fairlight Screenshot.png (170.86 KiB) Viewed 293 times

Reynaud Venter

Re: Audio Recording Error

PostMon May 17, 2021 6:49 pm

You may need to grant Resolve permission to access the device:
Start Menu > Settings > Privacy > Microphone

ATR_Blacks

Re: Audio Recording Error

PostWed May 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Thank you for the idea. In windows permission is granted, or do you mean in DaVinci? I don`t see, where to grant permission in DaVinci?!

Any other ideas, maybe?

Return to DaVinci Resolve