Exporting and sharing timelines, problem, bug?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Radakovicrad

Exporting and sharing timelines, problem, bug?

PostMon May 17, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi,

We are working on a project with my friend. Me on Windows 10, my friend on Mac. In version 17 or 17.1. one of us created a project, shared it to the other one (relinked clips) and from there we only shared timelines with no need to share whole project and relink the project clips everytime.

Now, in 17.2. this does not work. If I share a timelime from the same project and send it to my friend, the timeline is a mess. Kind of the same shape, but different clips at different places. Audio as well.

Do you experience the same thing? Or is there any other way how to share timelimes.
(We can not use multiuser because of the internet, we have tried davinci server on one computer and joint it from the other one over internet, but this crashed davinci bad many times)

We have found the easiest possible way with sharing timelines, but this seems to stop working with 17.2.

Thank you for any reaction.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Exporting and sharing timelines, problem, bug?

PostTue May 18, 2021 9:43 am

Are you exporting and then importing a drt?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Radakovicrad

PostTue May 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Are you exporting and then importing a drt?

yes. Exactly.

We crate a project on 1 computer and import DRP on the second computer. Relink videos. At this moment both projects are the same. If one of us export timeline DRT and the other one imports DRT, the timelime is a mess. It does not work both ways. No difference if exported/imported on mac or windows.

Rohit Singhal

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 19, 2021 6:03 am

Can you please send us a project (.drp) from which when you export a .drt, that turns out to be different when imported elsewhere? you can pm me if you like.
Rohit Singhal
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

matteodegrandis

PostWed Jan 12, 2022 8:44 am

Hi, i am having issues sharing drt too, did the problem has been solved?
Thanks!

Matteo
Davinci Resolve 17.4.3 running on Windows

Return to DaVinci Resolve