Delivery In to Out being Reset to Timeline Length

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

northcreative

Delivery In to Out being Reset to Timeline Length

PostMon May 17, 2021 7:57 pm

17.2: The only way I have been able to output a section of a sequence is to put a slug clip of deactivated solid color in a new track, select in-out and then save as new job. If I try to modify the in or out point manually, the delivery duration resets to the entire timeline when rendering the jobs.

Marc Wielage

Re: Delivery In to Out being Reset to Timeline Length

PostTue May 18, 2021 7:34 am

Before rendering, use option-X to eliminate the In/Out points on the Deliver page. Then set a new In point and a new Out point, add that to the Render Queue, and it should "theoretically" work.

There are sometimes issues with trying to render out generator images, like Color Bars or a Color background. If so, highlight those clips in the Edit timeline and create a compound clip, and now they'll behave just like any normal video clip.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Jim Simon

PostTue May 18, 2021 2:28 pm

My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

northcreative

PostWed May 19, 2021 3:48 pm

I typically deliver around 300 spots per week and have never had this issue until this release. This is a show-stopper for me and needs to be addressed ASAP. The previous solutions mentioned have not worked and this issue is very inconsistent unfortunately.

Return to DaVinci Resolve