Playback freeze/crash, stacked simple Fusion compositions

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

bounceHouse

Playback freeze/crash, stacked simple Fusion compositions

PostTue May 18, 2021 4:01 am

Edit page. Timeline with one video, one still image, and four text tracks. Added a new fusion composition on which I painted a simple arrow with "write-on" timing over ~1.5 seconds. Duplicated that fusion composition directly up onto a higher track; mirrored and translated the duplicate.

Whereas before I duplicated the fusion composition, I could playback fine... after the duplicate, playback froze partway through the section with the fusion compositions. I could click and highlight various elements on the timeline, but the preview did not change, and eventually Windows decided Resolve was not responding. Could not kill the Resolve process - had to reboot the PC. Happened twice. Disabling the duplicate (without deleting it) played back fine.

In this simple case I'm going to just do the duplicate arrow within the first Fusion composition, but that should be required to avoid a major crash like this.
PC Win 10 Pro, 64GB ram; NVidia 522.30; dual monitor; RTX 3080 (10GB); auto/CUDA processing mode; SSD cache, separate SSD for data; Davinci Studio 19b1 build

Jim Simon

Re: Playback freeze/crash, stacked simple Fusion composition

PostWed May 19, 2021 2:34 pm

My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve