Bluetooth Audio not working on R17.2 Studio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andreas Eymannsberger

Bluetooth Audio not working on R17.2 Studio

PostThu May 20, 2021 10:17 am

Updated to 17.2 Studio and Bluetooth audio playback doesn't work on two seperate machines.
Tried in Video-IO with system setting and choosing the BT-device (manually). No sound on playback, audio meters move.

- 17.1 Studio - BT Audio was working
- Confirmend on one AMD Win 10 Machine and on one Win 10 Intel Machine
- Both run the same Set of Creative Bluetooth Soundbars
- Have different Bluetooth adapters
- Stopped working immediately with the update
- 3,5mm Aux Audio through Mainboard is working
- One Machine is missing the "Add Bus" Option in Fairlight completely (this was suggested with a video fixing a 17 Beta Audio Bug), the other one has it and Bus is there, but no audible playback.

Any hints?
Last edited by Andreas Eymannsberger on Fri May 21, 2021 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andreas Eymannsberger

Re: Bluetooth Audio not working on R17.2 Studio

PostFri May 21, 2021 7:11 am

Really nobody else got this issue?

I would really like to assume thar there's no error on my end, as this setup has worked worked with 16 for about a year, has already worked with a previous 17.x version, frankly I don't remember if it was Beta or a 17. stable previous to 17.2.

Now with 17.2 it just doesn't work anymore. With two machines simultaneously.

Please, could anybody on the support team have a developer look into this?

Jim Simon

PostFri May 21, 2021 4:12 pm

Andreas Eymannsberger wrote:- 3,5mm Aux Audio through Mainboard is working
Do what works. ;)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Andreas Eymannsberger

PostThu May 27, 2021 10:04 am

Come on, it can't be that one of the 3 most common Audio outputs (XLR, AUX, BT) just stops working when going to a new major update.

Repeatedly, replicatable and from the looks, there is a second post, not just for me.

Andreas Eymannsberger

PostThu Jun 03, 2021 7:56 am

Can really nobody at BMD look at this?

I have also reached out to EMEA support weeks ago and no response whatsoever. This is for the studio version, this should mean the support for people who actually use it professionally and not just download it for free.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 03, 2021 9:39 am

Thanks for reports that included detail. We looking into this for an update in a coming release.
In the meantime use the SE with USB.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Andreas Eymannsberger

PostThu Jun 03, 2021 12:48 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Thanks for reports that included detail. We looking into this for an update in a coming release.
In the meantime use the SE with USB.

Thanks! Do you need any more information?

Just tried 17.2.1 and the problem persists, so no Output in the Fairlight Routing options.

I have commented on other BT-audio posts as they got more frequent responses, I have a suspicion that it could be a Windows BT driver with no options to change to 48000kHz in the sound settings.

One could argue it's the speakers, but they worked up to 17.2.

Probably the bug lies somewhere inbetween Resolve and the audio driver, resulting in to assignable outputs in the routing options (can't also do this if I go to I/O-> manual audio options, set the BT system and it only gives me 'un-assigned' L/R-Stereo outs).

rnbaker

PostThu Jun 03, 2021 2:58 pm

I didn't have this issue at all with 17.2 Studio but I have it now with 17.2.1S. Bluetooth audio doesn't work at all except occasionally, I will get a second of audio and it will immediately shut off. To make things worse, frequently, when I go into Preferences...V&A I/O...Speaker Setup and try to change the setting from "Use system setting" to "Manual", Resolve will freeze up when I hit save (and I have even waited over 5 minutes for it to unfreeze and it still remained frozen).

Further, whatever the problem is within Resolve carries over to my system (Win10) and I lose my Bluetooth audio there too, and at a minimum, I need to restart my Bluetooth device and sometimes even my computer before Bluetooth audio is restored in other applications.

rnbaker

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 4:11 am

rnbaker wrote:I didn't have this issue at all with 17.2 Studio but I have it now with 17.2.1S. Bluetooth audio doesn't work at all except occasionally, I will get a second of audio and it will immediately shut off. To make things worse, frequently, when I go into Preferences...V&A I/O...Speaker Setup and try to change the setting from "Use system setting" to "Manual", Resolve will freeze up when I hit save (and I have even waited over 5 minutes for it to unfreeze and it still remained frozen).

Further, whatever the problem is within Resolve carries over to my system (Win10) and I lose my Bluetooth audio there too, and at a minimum, I need to restart my Bluetooth device and sometimes even my computer before Bluetooth audio is restored in other applications.

I was able to fix this issue with 17.2.1 by uninstalling and reinstalling my Bluetooth drivers but now, after a month of using 17.2.2, all of a sudden I have lost Bluetooth audio and uninstalling and reinstalling my Bluetooth drivers (and etc.) didn't help at all. Also, this issue is exclusive to DR 17.2.2 so I have no sign of any Bluetooth (audio and otherwise) issues with any other programs.

Return to DaVinci Resolve