DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard not initially recognised

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AVisionFantastic

DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard not initially recognised

PostTue Jun 08, 2021 5:29 am

I am running DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.2.1 with DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard which I purchased last year. The keyboard was working perfectly with all 16 versions of the software. Around the time of moving to the beta 17 versions up to 17.2.1, I must now unplug and reconnect my keyboard once the Resolve program has loaded for the scroll wheel and special keys to be recognised. I only need to do this once until the workstation is powered down and then powered up again. Closing and reopening the Resolve program does not affect it seeing the keyboard properly once the initial USB reconnect has been made. The USB reconnect is only effective in solving the keyboard recognition when it is done while the Resolve program is running.

I have contacted Blackmagic Technical Support over this issue where it was confirmed I was running the latest keyboard firmware, by running the Control Panels Setup program. They also suggested I try the keyboard in different USB ports in the workstation, but this has not helped.

I have DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1.1 also installed on a MacBook Pro which I use only occasionally. I have plugged the Editor Keyboard into it only a few days ago and it functions perfectly, with no unplugging and replugging required.

From all of this, I conclude that the Editor Keyboard is working correctly but something in the setup of the workstation has changed or somehow got corrupted.

The workstation I am running is an HP Z820 with 64GB RAM installed.

Return to DaVinci Resolve