Fairlight: Clip hides under other clip when dragging.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Skiess

Fairlight: Clip hides under other clip when dragging.

PostSat Jun 12, 2021 10:17 am

So I did another attempt at editing something in fairlight. :?

After disabling layered audio to prevent clips from spontaneously overlapping others by only clicking on it, I immediately stumbled onto the next weird behavior:

When dragging a clip backwards it moves 'under' other clips, which makes exactly zero sense.
So after this I continued editing audio in the edit window with layered editing enabled..

Can this behavior be disabled?

I know I can drag normally when layered audio is enabled, but then when I click on a clip (in Fairlight) the entire handle spontaneously appears and overlaps other clips so that's also unworkable.
Layered audio may also be the cause of some serious AAF export problems in the form of missing clips but that's another story.

I said it before, I love :P Resolve but the Fairlight part makes no sense in any way (including the name btw).

Reynaud Venter

Re: Fairlight: Clip hides under other clip when dragging.

PostSat Jun 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Skiess wrote:After disabling layered audio to prevent clips from spontaneously overlapping others by only clicking on it, I immediately stumbled onto the next weird behavior
Are you able to share a Project (without media)?

Is this behaviour only reproducible by clicking the Clip or also by moving the CTI with a ghosted Clip?

Layered audio may also be the cause of some serious AAF export problems in the form of missing clips
Timeline menu > Flatten Audio Track Layers

Return to DaVinci Resolve