Change date created on .braw clips metadata?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rorysagstad

Change date created on .braw clips metadata?

PostSat Jun 12, 2021 12:55 pm

hi

is it possible to change the "date created" on .braw clips? ideally to batch change that data?

shot a 75 min comedy show the last 3 nights with 3 cameras each day, running tentacle time code into each of the cameras to make my first multicam edit "a breeze".
after several hours of faff and swearing today trying to figure out why resolve would only line up the clips from two of the cameras, and not from the third.
then came the facepalm/realisation that is was actually my own fault. of course.

realised that the problematic clips were all coming from my new out of the box BMPCC6K which still had the (4 months wrong) factory date setting, since in our hurry I hadn't been through the menu and corrected it. so now a whole load of clips have the correct time but the wrong date.

bearing in mind that I have now shot with the same error for three days, so there a LOT of clips that do not sync up...

can i batch change the date created somehow?

or if not, what is the best alternative way to proceed? clips from the other two cameras line up great and i'd like to be using my speed editor on the cut page to just live overwrite as i watch through the footage of each night...

thanks in advance for any tips!

V3rpeilt

Re: Change date created on .braw clips metadata?

PostFri Jul 08, 2022 12:32 pm

Just had the same problem, any updates?
Also with insta360, isnt there a tool where you can just change the date created from any file?
only found them for photos or mp4s

Jim Simon

Re: Change date created on .braw clips metadata?

PostFri Jul 08, 2022 2:31 pm

I would actually hope there isn't a way to change this. I think that ability would make the metadata...less useful.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve