[bug] AAF export: Video file seems cinemascope

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Skiess

[bug] AAF export: Video file seems cinemascope

PostSat Jun 12, 2021 8:36 pm

There seems to be something wrong with the metadata in the video export when doing a (pro tools) AAF export. Like it's anamorphic or something. Only VLC player plays it in the normal dimensions.

It always requires me to do a separate video export after the audio AAF was successful (so unusually after about 2 hours of trial and error).

Even though I like working in Resolve, I do not hope any of my clients will switch to Resolve anytime soon, as it will cost me at least a day per client to get them to export a working AAF with proper videofile.

To be clear: The vido is in 16:9 format. Only in VLC it is displayed properly. Re-importing in resolve also shows a normal 16:9 video. So the black bars are not rendered but added due some metadata I guess.

I really hope Blackmagic takes all these AAF export bugs seriously because these bug reports cost even more time... ;)

wrong-1.jpg
wrong-1.jpg (51.67 KiB) Viewed 644 times

wrong-2.jpg
wrong-2.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 644 times

wrong-3.jpg
wrong-3.jpg (56.06 KiB) Viewed 644 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve