Reafir Settings not copying over to new clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jellico73

Reafir Settings not copying over to new clip

PostSun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi,

I have a few clips with some background noise, the ac I think. I've a few seconds of blanks psace at the start of each clip, so I opened my VST plugins, set ReaFir up, and removed the background noise from the first clip. However, when I copy the attributes from the clip, and paste the plugin, it pastes just the plugin, and not the final setting I had. I know in Resolve 16 I didn't have to go into every clips and rerun the plugin, is there an additional setting I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

Reynaud Venter

Re: Reafir Settings not copying over to new clip

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 6:03 am

Is the issue isolated to ReaFir specifically or generally across all plugins?

Since the ReaPlugs VST FX Suite is Windows only I am not able to test these plugins.

Keep in mind that ReaPlugs have not been updated since January 2016, and according to the Reaper developers further development is not guaranteed. Compatibility therefore will be spotty.

Jellico73

Re: Reafir Settings not copying over to new clip

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 5:36 am

Hi,

It appears to be limited to the Reafir Plugins at the moment.

As I mentioned in my first post this is galling because I know in Davinci 15 and 16 I could copy the settings over form clip to clip, but from 16 to 17 something changed and now I can't. That leads me to believe this is a Davinci thing, and not a VST thing. At the end of the day it's a nuisance more than anything else, but I also know I've missed the obvious answers before.

Appreciate the help.

Return to DaVinci Resolve