Struggling to render

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

pwms2021

Struggling to render

PostSun Jun 13, 2021 3:36 pm

Hi

I put together videos with multiple musicians videos all on-screen at once (current project 19 musicians). All film themselves and submit their videos. I take them into davinci resolve and synchronise them by taking them all onto a timeline on different tracks and matching them up. I then scale and position each video track so they are all visible onscreen at once.

This is all OK it's the next step

I then go to the delivery screen and try and render to MP4 - I've been using 720x486 NTSC for quickness

I don't know if it's the number of videos or the sizes or what but it always hangs. _ I managed some with fewer videos and I have done lots this way with 7 or 8 videos.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with 6 Gb Ram and an Intel i7-9700 CPU @ 3Ghz with 16 Gb RAM

I have tried using proxies but they alwys use .MOV files that end up bigger than the originals - they work for scrubbing through quickly but not for the final render

I have tried setting Render cache to smart - which takes a lot of tie but makes no difference.

What else should I be doing / trying ?

Regards

Peter

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Struggling to render

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 2:20 am

moved to resolve forum

try rendering at HD (Im assuming this is timeline resolution) to DnxHR
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve