Free DR & .mov files 4/4 OK 1 laptop but 2/4 on desktop

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

camchoir

Free DR & .mov files 4/4 OK 1 laptop but 2/4 on desktop

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 11:14 pm

Could anyone help with a technical issue please?

VC project 99% complete in Davinci Resolve on my Win10Pro laptop (i5, 32GB RAM, 512SSD, 2GB graphics card).

We're exporting the project to my son's gaming desktop to render.

Project has 16 videos of which 4 are .mov files.

2 of the .mov files were not initially viewable my son's Win10Pro desktop (Ryzen 5 16GB 512SSD 4GB graphics card) - most likely because he uninstalls literally anything he's not using. By installing VLC media player we can now view all the .mov files on his computer BUT still only these 2 participant videos are showing as "media offline" in Davinci.
Initially, all the participant vid's were showing as "media offline" when exporting from my machine to son's, but by adjusting source folder and where videos are stored (now on our home network and or on his SSD) 14 of 16 work. I've checked the file names for spelling errors, file locations and can't see a problem.

I'm fairly sure my son has also tried to import the 2 troublesome .mov files into a new project in Davinci to test if they work and he said they don't. If all 4 .mov files didn't work it'd make more sense, but as 2 do and 2 don't on one machine AND all 4 work on the other, well, I'm a bit stumped as what to try.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to something I'm missing?

Carsten Sellberg

Re: Free DR & .mov files 4/4 OK 1 laptop but 2/4 on desktop

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi.

You can try to download MediaInfo, to see what the difference are between the 2 troublesome .mov files and the others.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

Return to DaVinci Resolve