Find Offline Media

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jörg-Mark Kasassoglou

Find Offline Media

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 8:37 am

Hi,

I'm editing al large Project in Resolve 17. Unfortunately some files where destroyed on my RAID and I'd like to know if there is a way to search for all "offline media" in the Project.

In AE or Premiere I can filter my media by "missing footage" and reconnect them from this filtered list.
I'm sure Resolve has a way to do this too – going manually through bin by bin and search for the "red media" is quite a lot of work..

cheers
Jörg-Mark

Andy Mees

Re: Find Offline Media

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 9:49 am

Hey Jörg, I've not found a 'Status' attribute or similar that you can directly search/filter by, but if you switch your Media Pool to List View, Alt/Opt click on the 'Master' bin (to open all contained bins) and then select all of those bins , then in the displayed (black and white) file list its very much easier to scan for those 'red' missing media items.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Jörg-Mark Kasassoglou

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 10:58 am

Thank You Andy,

I did not think about Alt Clicking :-) this is a great help.

PLEASE BMD add a "status field" to the search / filter options – even with all bins open this can be tedious in a project with thousands of assets.

Andy Mees

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 11:41 am

I just had a look in the Feature Request forum and see that someone already asked for it ... and it already exists! My bad for misdirecting you... I swear I looked and didn't see it, but I just looked again and there it is.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=142018&p=764091&hilit=media+offline#p763890
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Jörg-Mark Kasassoglou

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 3:07 pm

THANK YOU :-)

Obviously the Status field exists in the smart bins but NOT in the media tab column list...

So in future we might always look at both options :mrgreen:

Return to DaVinci Resolve