AWS Aurora PostgreSQL + Davinci Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dkoponen

AWS Aurora PostgreSQL + Davinci Resolve

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Hey All,

Not too sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anyone had any success with creating a project database with AWS PostgreSQL? It seems like there is next to no documentation from Blackmagicdesign and the forums usually only have solutions using local machines as servers.

My goal is to have a project database that editors can log into from their respective remote locations since we all work from home now.

Thanks!

Dominic

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: AWS Aurora PostgreSQL + Davinci Resolve

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 9:11 am

moved to resolve forum
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

peterjackson

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 9:13 am

Well, restore your local dump in the cloud instance and ensure Resolve can authenticate. From what I read in these forums Resolve is pretty sloppy when it comes to auth to PG, in that case use a VPN to access the instance. I recommend wireguard.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Igor Riđanović

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 8:40 pm

You don't need a VPN unless you will use the collaboration mode, and even then I think there are still some issues. This has been discussed before here.

Setting up a server on AWS is no different from the local server with a small consideration for the conf file which I think by default will allow only the local IPs. The server latency plays a large role. Your Resolve will not be as performant if the latency exceeds 5-10 ms.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

peterjackson

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 5:00 am

If Resolve supports TLS connection and secure auth no VPN is needed. Otherwise I'd use one.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Return to DaVinci Resolve