boxes that expand with text in Fusion

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Arborglyph

boxes that expand with text in Fusion

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 11:47 pm

Howdy,

I'm working with Resolve from the Apple products. I have a number of custom titles I made in Motion where the title appears in a background box and either the box expands to fit the text. Can anyone tell me how that is done in Resolve?

Thanks,

-M

Sander de Regt

Re: boxes that expand with text in Fusion

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 7:27 am

It kind of depends on what kind of boxes your are referring to and what look these boxes need to be.
For example in the Text+ tool there is a shading option that allows for 'blocking' out the fonts in addition to 'normal' and 'outline' if you use this a BG shading element then the box will always be the size of the text, but I'm not sure if that's the look you're after. Can you show us an example of what you're trying to achieve?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Arborglyph

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 1:41 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:It kind of depends on what kind of boxes your are referring to and what look these boxes need to be.
For example in the Text+ tool there is a shading option that allows for 'blocking' out the fonts in addition to 'normal' and 'outline' if you use this a BG shading element then the box will always be the size of the text, but I'm not sure if that's the look you're after. Can you show us an example of what you're trying to achieve?

Thanks for the reply. I did figure I could use the text plus that way. But what if I want to animate the box and the text separately? Like the box slides in horizontally and the text drops down from above? I wonder if I can animate the shading offset...

-M

Arborglyph

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 pm

I CAN Animate the offset!

Return to DaVinci Resolve