Inset clip in between Specific Points

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

drkfuture1

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 2:19 pm

How can I INSERT a clip in a fixed portion of timeline. I mean, the clip wont replace anything or ripple move/delete anything, it will just be placed in between point A and point B (as in the picture), If the video clip is larger than that Two Points/Range, then it will be forcefully clipped.

InsertHEre.png
InsertHEre.png (18.15 KiB) Viewed 579 times

Jason Conrad

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 2:21 am

drkfuture1 wrote:How can I INSERT a clip in a fixed portion of timeline. I mean, the clip wont replace anything or ripple move/delete anything, it will just be placed in between point A and point B (as in the picture), If the video clip is larger than that Two Points/Range, then it will be forcefully clipped.

InsertHEre.png
Use i and o keys to set in and out at either end, make sure the track destination is set to the right track, set an in in your source monitor if you want, but the playhead will be the default if you don’t, then press f10 for “overwrite” edit because although you call it insert, overwrite is actually what you want. You’re overwriting the gap. An insert edit will ripple, because that’s what they do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

Jim Simon

Re: Inset clip in between Specific Points

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 2:03 pm

This kind of thing is covered in the Beginner's Guide, which was just updated for version 17.

It's a great resource, helped me a lot. ;)

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve