Audio Stuttering in Resolve 17

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

oldasempire

Audio Stuttering in Resolve 17

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been using Resolve Studio 17 for a while now. The other night it prompted me to update to the latest version, which I did, and since then I'm having an issue with audio playback. The audio is choppy, but not in a random "slow processor" sort of way. It is going in and out rythmically, and not in sync with the video. The video speed is fine, and the audio meters present as if playback is normal. It occurs on every page. The video I'm editing is h264 but I've also tried loading in DNxHD proxies and they do the exact same thing. Note that the video frame rate matched the timeline framerate, so that ain't it.

I did not adjust any project settings before this started happening. Further, it didn't happen immediately, but after using the software for a few minutes. It seemed fine at first. Now it does it no matter what.

I've loaded the files into Premiere Pro and they work fine there. I also, out of desperation (and high dislike for Premiere Pro) did a clean install of Windows 10 and Resolve. No dice. I submitted my logs to customer support, but they are thus far unable to help.

My specs:
Ryzen 7 3800X
32 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super (4GB)
Windows 10 Pro (Updates current)
M-Audio DUO USB audio interface

I've attached the logs from Resolve, and here's a link to a crappy cell phone video of what it sounds like on my end, if that helps -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OXQreC ... sp=sharing
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20210616-112738.zip
(30.39 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

oldasempire

Re: Audio Stuttering in Resolve 17

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 4:16 pm

Turns out it was the M-Audio Driver causing the issues (I know, I should have checked this FIRST)

Reverting to the Windows USB Audio Codec seems to have done the trick, though now I have to make sure my DAW doesn't mind this.

Return to DaVinci Resolve