Can't delete audio tracks any more

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

cyberangel67

Can't delete audio tracks any more

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 6:41 pm

I have just upgraded to Davinci Resolve 17, since then I am no longer able to just click the audio track and hit the delete key, like I was in every version back to Davinci Resolve 14 when I started using it.

Instead, I have to Right Mouse Button on the gutter area (if that is what you call it) and Right Mouse button and select delete track. But that only works for the 1sy track of stereo audio, the last audio track can't be deleted the option is greyed out.

To replicate.

I use OBS studio to create a video with two separate tracks, I then create a new project in DR and drag the recorded video in. If I try to select one of the audio tracks alone, it selects the video track and both audio tracks. DR 16, never did this, nor did DR 15 or DR 14.

So why the change? ANd more importantly, how di I now delete the audio tracks?

Charles Bennett

Re: Can't delete audio tracks any more

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 10:20 pm

You need to unlink the tracks. Make sure nothing is highlighted in the timeline first, then click on the link/unlink icon. Now any clip you highlight can be deleted by hitting backspace, or if you want to ripple delete, hit the delete key. If you want to just delete one leg of a stereo pair you will need to change the audio to two mono tracks in Clip Attributes. As far as I can remember nothing has changed since Resolve 16.
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

cyberangel67

Re: Can't delete audio tracks any more

PostFri Nov 05, 2021 3:17 am

Charles Bennett wrote:You need to unlink the tracks. Make sure nothing is highlighted in the timeline first, then click on the link/unlink icon. Now any clip you highlight can be deleted by hitting backspace, or if you want to ripple delete, hit the delete key. If you want to just delete one leg of a stereo pair you will need to change the audio to two mono tracks in Clip Attributes. As far as I can remember nothing has changed since Resolve 16.

Sorry for the late reply, I never got any notification that someone had replied.

Yeah I kind of figured that out eventually, I was kind of wondering why the change as the way it is now is awkward to use.

Return to DaVinci Resolve