Audio Playback in Fusion

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dcolacino

Audio Playback in Fusion

PostSat Jun 19, 2021 5:58 pm

I'm experiencing inconsistent behavior playing timeline audio in the Fusion page when editing Fusion clips that are in the timeline.

There are multiple ways of creating fusion clips:
1) From a single clip in a timeline,
2) from a stack of clips in a timeline,
3) from a contextual menu directly in the media pool, and
4) by dragging a "Fusion Composition" effect from the effects library.

The behavior and controls of mediaIn nodes is also different depending on whether the media was selected in the timeline to create the Fusion clip or whether it was dragged in from the media pool or file system.

Page 1045 of the Resolve 17 manual includes a box that states: "NOTE: Audio on a track beneath a Fusion Composition effect cannot be heard in the Fusion page." I suspect that my audio problems have to do with a combination of the above factors, but I haven't been able to isolate the problem or find any more information in the manual.

Does anyone know of a complete list of tradeoffs that encompasses all of the above methods for creating and getting media into Fusion clips?
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 (build 7); iMac 27 inch, Retina 5K; 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor; 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4; Internal 2TB SSD; Radeon Pro 580 8 GB graphics running Ventura 13.6.4.

Return to DaVinci Resolve