Borders of Images Jiggle/Move

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Lychon

Borders of Images Jiggle/Move

PostSun Jun 20, 2021 5:48 am

I'm having an issue with how certain images (e.g., pngs, jpgs, etc.) are rendered in Resolve. Sometimes the borders of images will jiggle/move, whether in transition or as a still on the screen. The odd thing is that this occurs when I render my project in full (over 100 minutes), but not when I render the same in/out range separately.

I've attached a link to a video showing what I mean: [Expired Link]

Notice how the border (especially on the white image) jiggles in the first clip, but the same 8 second clip that follows does not jiggle. The only difference is that I rendered the second clip separately. The first clip was part of the render of the entire project (again, over 100 minutes). I used the "use render cache" option each time in the advanced settings on the deliver page, by the way (otherwise it crashes during render on certain Fusion compositions). For anyone wondering, this is part of a video essay I'm working on regarding some film blah blah blah :lol: .

Any info as to what might be causing this would be tremendously appreciated!
Last edited by Lychon on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Simon

Re: Borders of Images Jiggle/Move

PostSun Jun 20, 2021 1:50 pm

You might try experimenting with Image Scaling and Input Scaling in Project Preferences.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Lychon

Re: Borders of Images Jiggle/Move

PostSun Jun 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Jim Simon wrote:You might try experimenting with Image Scaling and Input Scaling in Project Preferences.

Ok, I'll check it out- thank you. My "input scaling" is currently set to "scale entire image to fit", and the "anti-alias edges" option is set to "auto". Not sure if one of those needs to be modified, or if any of the "override input"/"override output" scaling options need to be checked.

Return to DaVinci Resolve