blankingfill for full timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SebastianC

blankingfill for full timeline

PostMon Jun 21, 2021 4:28 pm

Hello,

I often have a stupid repetitive task, to place blakingfill on all of my cuts (edit-tab) and setup all blakingfill settings, even when all of them have the same settings. Now, I saw a video and got the idea to do it in "color" tab per blankingfill node for the complete timeline.

It works technically, but it seems to be buggy. Doing this for the full timeline, brings me the same bug I reported for blanking fill some weeks before in general: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=136729

Bug is fixed for blankingfill on "edit-tab", but not when I use it on "color-tab" for complete timeline. Then bottom and header are not filled with blankingfill then. Blankingfill just works left and right side then, but not upwards and downwards, like it is when using on edit-tab as single effect.
Is this a by design or a bug with blankingfill?

Would be cool to see a solution to be able to configure blankingfill centralized. With color-tab and nodes, or at least by multi select in edit-tab. If someone knows a solution, please let me know!

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by SebastianC on Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SebastianC

Re: blankingfill for full timeline

PostMon Jun 21, 2021 5:37 pm

I found another solution in a video, to use an adjustment clip to make a full timeline blankingfill.

I tried it, but I have the same wrong result. It's not working in the same way as using blankingfill on each clip. Same as per time-line in color-tab, using blankingfill on adjustment clip, the blankingfill effect is not done for space below and over the clips. So, header/footer space of clip are not filled with blankingfill when using blankingfill with adjustment clip. :-(

SebastianC

Re: blankingfill for full timeline

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 11:00 am

Tried other solutions last 2 days, but nothing works fine. blankingfill is just not working above and below the video content, only left and right, when used as node in color-tab.

I also tried it without using it on timeline, but just on the clip-level (clip-graph) itself on color-tab. But even on a clip itself, it's not the same effect as using the effect at edit-tab directly on the clip as effect.

So, I am very sure now that this is a bug. Is there any direct channel to deliver a bug report to blackmagic? I don't think the intention is that blankingfill stretches below/over video content only when used on edit-tab on the clip, and not when used per node in clip-graph on color-tab.

Thanks a lot

Return to DaVinci Resolve