Compound clips- Open in timeline- fairlight edits disappear

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

basilyok

Compound clips- Open in timeline- fairlight edits disappear

PostMon Jun 21, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Resolve, using 17.2.1 Build 12, currently the most recent. Not using Studio version.

So, I have a compound clip with 8 separate audio-video pairs of tracks contained, plus a separate audio clip. I am able to "Open in timeline" in order to work on individual tracks, which is great.

But, I just realized that I would like to nest my compound clips so that I have a new compound clip containing the 8 audio-video pairs of tracks in a compound clip, and then that compound clip plus the separate audio track in the compound clip which I had previously made that contains everything.

This appears to work just fine, except when I go to "Open in timeline" to see the new compound clip + the separate audio track, and then hit "Open in timeline" again in order to see all the individual audio-video tracks, all of my fairlight edits that I did on individual contained audio tracks are lost.

Is this expected behaviour? Am I missing how this is supposed to work or is this a bug?

Jim Simon

Re: Compound clips- Open in timeline- fairlight edits disapp

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 5:17 pm

There have been reports of issues with nested audio.

I recommend not doing that. Keep all usable audio in the main timeline.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve