ATEM ISO .drp XML description for Resolve import?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Axel Mertes

ATEM ISO .drp XML description for Resolve import?

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 9:05 am

Dear Peter Chamberlain and the entire Resolve and ATEM team,

I am currently setting up a recording studio with 4 * BMCC4K plus a few other sources (iPads, Samsung FLIP2, PCs, MACs etc.) and ATEM Mini Pro ISO and ATEM Mini Extreme ISO

The idea is to record live in HD using the ATEM Mini Extreme ISO and then revert back to the UHD footage shot on the BMCC4K cameras.

I found that I could simply patch the XML file generated by the ISO recording by replacing the source clips to the BRAW path & files from the cameras, as well as chaning the project settings to eg. 2160p25 instead of 1080p25. So far, so good.

I wonder now if I can assign the default LUT in the same step and if I can set the required audio channels as well. We have recorded some external MICs through the cameras balanced XLR inputs. I do not want to use the Program Audio channel only - this is just for reference & sync. Instead I want to add the specific WAVE files generated during the recording and assign them to the audio tracks.

The main idea is to write a small programm that imports all files from all SSDs, converts the .drp XML file into a native UHD XML file and assign LUTs and add audio tracks. That would give the editor a fantastic head start and less worrying to miss anything.

However, I have no idea how to do that?

Is there a description available for the XML .drp file format that is being used when exporting from the ATEM? I am already under NDA for Fusion, so no problem, if that involves an NDA to get access.

I looked into a regular .drp EXPORT from Resolve and the included XML files are rather complex to understand and full of database relationships. I think its almost impossible to manipulate the XML files directly, without currupting the database at some point.

Or is the only way to write a script that actively builds the timeline using Pything or Lua?

Cheers
Axel
Axel Mertes
Film, Video and IT professional
Freelancer/Consultant

Return to DaVinci Resolve