.DRT Import is duplicating media

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DoubleWingedPegasus

.DRT Import is duplicating media

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 11:00 am

Hi, I'm on Resolve Studio 17.2.1 on an iMac Pro.

I transferred a project file from my iMac to my Macbook Pro and edited on it using a portable drive with the source footage on it.

To continue editing on my iMac Pro, I exported a timeline as a .DRT, but when I import it, it duplicates all of the files in a list.

Is there a way to bring in just the information, have the media be offline and re-link it?

The reason I also ask is because I am having media offline issues. There are several clips that show media offline in the timeline, but when I click "Find in Media Pool," nothing happens. That is to say, no media is selected or referenced in the media pool for me to "Relink." Everything is showing as online.

I restarted, did all that stuff.

I also read the manual at length for all of the above and could not find the answer.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor

DoubleWingedPegasus

Re: .DRT Import is duplicating media

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 am

I fixed the Media Offline issue but Decomposing the Compound Clip that it was in and resolving a Conflict that appeared, so now it will play in the timeline. However, it still cannot be referenced in the Media Pool, and it still shows as having a conflict.

I'm mostly interested in how to export a timeline without also bringing in the media, as it is.

Thanks.

Twester

PostMon Aug 21, 2023 1:28 am

Same problem that now one appears to have answered. We have days of organized media and want to bring a timeline back into a project and link back to the organized medial, not bring in hundreds of duplicate clips all thrown into a bin. I am working on a reality show with over 20 days of footage and this is a huge problem. BM is there any work around for this?
Terry Wester
12 Forward Entertainment

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Aug 21, 2023 11:05 am

Terry, if you have the old timeline in a project, use dynamic project switching, load the old project, then select the timeline in the media pool and copy, switch to the new project, select the timeline bin, paste.

if its not in a project, for now, make a new bin.. delete me.. and import the timeline there.. then move it to where you want and delete the clips in the bin... not ideal but it wont break your existing bin structure.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve