Linked Subtitles Go Out of Sync When Using Swap Edit

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

shotbyshot

Linked Subtitles Go Out of Sync When Using Swap Edit

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 7:54 pm

I am using Resolve Studio 17.2.1 on Windows 10 working on the Edit Page.

I have a timeline with a bunch of linked clips. The linked clips each contain a single video track, two audio tracks, and a subtitle track.

If I use the swap edit feature (Control-Shift and drag the clip along the timeline), the subtitle track goes out of sync for many (but not all) clips that the clip being swapped is dragged over.

As I drag the clip being swapped down the track, the out of sync indicator goes red for many clips that I drag it over. The amount that the subtitle track goes out of sync is different depending on which clip I am swapping, but it's exactly the same for every clip that the swapped clip is dragged over.

If I drag swap a clip that is linked with video and audio, but that does not have a linked subtitle track, then the subtitles on the tracks it's being dragged over do not go out of sync. The linked video and audio do not go out of sync during drag swap edits, only the subtitle track.

Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thank you.

Return to DaVinci Resolve