Multicam: "Angle cut" short cut won't work in this situation

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

LiuLing

Multicam: "Angle cut" short cut won't work in this situation

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 8:36 am

In normal situation, when there is a single multi-cam clip in the timeline, simply press any number on keyboard will make a cut and switch to that respective angle.

But now I'm working in a timeline that has two multi-cam clips, one stacks on the other, I scale down the top multi-cam clip and put it at the bottom right hand corner, making it similar to a picture in picture setup, when I highlight the bottom layer and press a angle number, it automatically cuts the top layer even if I turn the auto track selector off for it, is there any ways I can specify which multi-cam clip to cut with when I'm using the angle number short cuts?

I'm using macOS Big Sur 11.2.3, on DaVinci Resolve 17 studio.

Jim Simon

Re: Multicam: "Angle cut" short cut won't work in this situa

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Add the Multicams sequentially on the timeline for cutting, rather than on top of each other.

Once the cut is done, you can move the clips in the timeline to where you need them.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve