Missing Synced Audio (linked channel)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

art_intermedia

Missing Synced Audio (linked channel)

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Dear fellow filmmakers,
I am literally crying.

I feel so sad about a project I have been working on for 60+ hours.
Just right now a few hours ago, I then started to export- render stuck.
The program stopped working, even the Stop button won't work.
I decided to quit the program.

After that, almost all of my audio was not linked anymore. I could not see any waveforms.
I checked attributes and the channels were set to "none". I at least managed to switch to camera microphone audio to hear at least anything.

Literally, all of the synced audio was lost which I edited with.
Funny though, one very last clip was normally synced. In attributes, it shows "linked channel 1", which I guess refers to the earlier synced audio...

Right now I have hours of investigation behind me, literally, nobody on the internet, the forum, or anywhere had this problem.

The render stuck at the first fusion part, which was set on the user. It now works on smart and the render works fine now. But after the first render, the audio was lost and I first had to figure out, it was stuck because the fusion part was not rendered in the timeline...

Anyway, one clip of my audio is linked to the originally synced audio, the rest is not synced anymore, but the horrible part of it is, that the footage is hardly edited, figuring out all the little parts and relinking them manually is literally not possible, due to this projects complexity...

I tried to sync audio automatically via waveform, but even that won't work. The idea was to resync audio and maybe find a "new linked channel" in attributes...

I am so sad right now, why would resolve delete parts of synced audio, when it stucks on rendering, just what is audio has to do with it...

I read a lot of articles, watched videos and this is the very last place I seek enlightenment...

Any help would be highly appreciated...

thanks a lot, roman

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Missing Synced Audio (linked channel)

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 9:26 am

moved to Resolve forum
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jim Simon

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Just to clarify, you have separately recorded audio that you synced up to the video clips on the Media page before editing?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jason Conrad

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 5:42 pm

It sounds to me like you have caching on, and it’s taking a little while for the fusion stuff to cache, which is normal. Sometimes the audio doesn’t seem to be synced when it actually is. A quick way to test is to render out a small segment. Does rendered output look and sound normal? If not, then there’s a deeper issue, but we’ll need more info to diagnose. If you post a video taken of your computer screen from a cell phone, that can sometimes help illustrate your problem. Screen captures are another way to go, but they’ll stress otherwise inactive hardware.

Caches can become invalid over time, forcing them to be re-generated. This would account for snappy playback at first, then later seeing slowness and apparent (but not actual) sync mismatch.

Of course I’m really just guessing, more info would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

Constantin Gross

PostThu Mar 31, 2022 3:26 pm

Following, similar problem.

Constantin Gross

PostTue May 24, 2022 5:43 pm

Linked audio seems to be in chache files, it disappears when you open the project without your cache folder connected.
no way to restore but with a backup.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=159740

Return to DaVinci Resolve